Started in September 2008, the purpose of this web site is to provide Portlanders and visitors a handy no-frills (i.e. we won’t win any web design competitions) reference guide to getting the most bang for your buck here in the Portland metropolitan area.
We have lived here for over 35 years and one day decided to compile all of our money-saving tips and ideas to share with all of our fellow neighbors–that’s you! Most of our ideas are not original, and some of the content you will find in our pages will direct you to other web sites that we feel have done the best job of offering money-saving guidance. However, you will find our own gems of great weekly and monthly deals that we’ve uncovered for grocery stores, retailers, events, attractions and more. You’ll also find user-submitted suggestions and links to worthy articles that we hope will save you money.
Here are some things we’d like you to consider:
– Do get a library card and use it!
– Do get a Portland Entertainment book and Portland Chinook book for 2-for-1 coupons and other great discounts
– Do check out Craigslist for freebies, announcements and new and used goods
– Do bookmark our web site and check back regularly or subscribe to our RSS feeds for the latest updates
– Do share your tips with us so that we may spread the word
– Do let your friends, family and colleagues know that this web site exists
Thanks for your support and happy deal-finding!
— the team at Portland On The Cheap 😀